MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF CCRWD#2
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Rural Water District No. 2 of Cass County, Nebraska was held at 108 So. 4th Street, Elmwood, Nebraska on the 13th day of August 2020 at 7:30 p.m. Present were, Don Edwards, Ted Retzlaff, Eric Towle, John, Bill Ross, Martha Rhoades, John Wagoner, and Travis Isaacs, Manager Mark Hogue. Not in attendance Assistant Manager Troy Callaway,
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by newspaper publication and posting at the District Office, two of the designated methods of giving notice, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication (Certificate of Posting Notice) attached to these minutes. Notice of this meeting and an agenda were emailed to the Chairman and all members of the Board and is attached to the minutes. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was open to the attendance of the public.
President –President Don Edwards called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved as distributed.
Treasurer’s Report: Discussion was had about what financial reports are we getting. We had three reports at this meeting as opposed to the four reports at last meeting. The decision was made in the last meeting to keep getting the four reports Mark will address this with Lengemann. Further discussion was had about the OPPD bill being broken out by location? Mark will address with Lengemann. Discussion continued with why is there a negative number under State WH on the Profit and Loss Prev. Year report? Mark will address this with Lengemann. Motion to receive treasurer’s report made by Martha – 2nd Eric motion passed 7-0 No additional discussion on the Treasurer’s Report.
.Assistant Manager’s Report – Troy Callaway Troy not attending. Luke has been doing meter pit checks, read meters on 7/21, and has assisted the manager with MIU replacements and water meter pit repairs. Manager has been taking care of all locates.
Office Report – 3 Delinquent letters mailed..
Manager’s Report – Mark Hogue –
1. 10” main project on hold until we have more field help.
2. Amandla LLC no additional info.
3. Horizon CD matured on 7/23. New rate .65% for 9 months. Martha suggested the district look into First State/First Rate savings; it is an online only savings with higher interest rates 1.7%. Mark will make some calls and check into it.
4. Lawyer will be at the next meeting to discuss procedural matters with the board.
5. Well #2 Drawdown was not good again we aren’t using it for the summer. What is next? We have option:
a. Drill a new well near the existing well to see if we get better flow.
b. Rehab the existing well to see if that helps the performance of the well.
c. Possibly drill a new well closer to well #3 to be able to run independent of the main wellhouse in an emergency with two wells.
d. Possibly try to run the VFD slower to keep the drawdown from going below the screen.
All are ideas at this point Mark will work with Layne Christiansen or Sargent to find the solution.
1. UBT CD maturing 8/13. Mark will inquire about rates after maturity.
2. New service in Native grass estates. #802 178th and Havelock area the service was previously approved by the board with Native Grass Estates subdivision.
3. New service inquiry by someone around 227th and A St. Mark will contact those in the area with unused meter pits to try to find water to supply the potential customer.
4. We have had some wellhouse power issues with generator and line power. This issue has been addressed and is all fixed.
5. Luke (summer help) Did a fine job. Hopefully we can use him again next summer.
6. Hire new 3rd employee for the field? This would be a field labor position for future consideration.
Regular Meeting Closed 8:32pm by Board Chair Don Edwards
Ted Retzlaff Treasurer/Secretary
Mark Hogue Manager