MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF CCRWD#2
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Rural Water District No. 2 of Cass County, Nebraska was held at 108 So. 4th Street, Elmwood, Nebraska on the 10th day of September 2020 at 7:30 p.m. Present were, Don Edwards, Ted Retzlaff, Eric Towle, John, Bill Ross, Martha Rhoades, and Travis Isaacs, Manager Mark Hogue and Alan Wood (Attorney for District). Not in attendance Assistant Manager Troy Callaway, and John Wagoner
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by newspaper publication and posting at the District Office, two of the designated methods of giving notice, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication (Certificate of Posting Notice) attached to these minutes. Notice of this meeting and an agenda were emailed to the Chairman and all members of the Board and is attached to the minutes. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was open to the attendance of the public.
President –President Don Edwards called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. and he announced the open meetings act is posted on the wall in the office.
Minutes were approved as amended.
Treasurer’s Report: Discussion regarding line items and placement of financial reports. Manager will review with Legemann. Motion to receive treasurer’s report made by Bill – 2nd Travis, Motion approved 6-0 No additional discussion on the Treasurer’s Report.
.Assistant Manager’s Report – Troy Callaway Troy not attending.
Office Report – 9 Delinquent letters mailed. Money received by all but one customer.
Manager’s Report – Mark Hogue –
1. 10” main project on hold until we have more field help.
2. Amandla LLC no additional info.
3. I visited the homes with the unused meter pits and left notes on the doors of those not home only one of the three has said they want to keep the meter. This gives us the water service we need to supply the property for Alfred Schroeder @ 22287 A St.
4. Generator power issues resolved.
5. Apprentice job description completed and will be addressed at budget meeting
6. UBT CD matured 8/13. new rate is .65% for 16 months.. signature card signed
1. UBT CD matured 9/7 New rate is .85% for 20 months
2. Corn Growers CD matures 9/16 Mark will look at rates for this after the 16th
3. AEB CD matures 9/19 again I will look at the best rates for this after the 19th
4. Budget meeting. Schedule to come Don, John, Travis and Manager Mark
5. Mickle Farms LLC along Fletcher and 226th is looking at a potential development. For board awareness of project only at this time.
6. Board made aware of potential new well sites because of Mickle Farms development.
7. Alan and Mark are working on new forms and documents. They will present a completed draft to the board in the future.
Regular Meeting Closed 9;10pm by Board Chair Don Edwards
Ted Retzlaff Treasurer/Secretary
Mark Hogue Manager