MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF CCRWD#2
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Rural Water District No. 2 of Cass County, Nebraska was held at 108 So. 4th Street, Elmwood, Nebraska on the 9th day of July 2020 at 7:30 p.m. Present were, Don Edwards, Ted Retzlaff, Eric Towle, John, Bill Ross, Martha Rhoades, Manager Mark Hogue. Not in attendance Assistant Manager Troy Callaway, John Wagoner, and Travis Isaacs
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by newspaper publication and posting at the District Office, two of the designated methods of giving notice, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication (Certificate of Posting Notice) attached to these minutes. Notice of this meeting and an agenda were emailed to the Chairman and all members of the Board and is attached to the minutes. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was open to the attendance of the public.
President –President Don Edwards called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved as distributed.
Treasurer’s Report: Discussion on what reports are necessary. Decision made by all present that it is not necessary to print a copy of the main checking account for the meetings. The board would like to continue to have an email of all reports and only print two copies for the meeting. Motion to receive treasurer’s report made by Eric – 2nd Martha motion passed 5-0
.Assistant Manager’s Report – Troy Callaway Troy not attending. Luke has been doing meter pit checks, read meters on 6/24, and has assisted the manager with repairs. Manager has been taking care of all locates.
Office Report – 5 Delinquent letters will be mailed. Two of the customers have paid since receiving the letters.
Manager’s Report – Mark Hogue –
1. Settled out of court for the last easements on the 10” main project.
2. Mark and the Attorney Alan Wood met with Amandla LLC on June 23rd…more to come after additional discovery by Amanda LLC Attorney /: # of services and future usage necessary.
3. Rate change voted on in March a message added to customers bills saying it will be effective Sept.1
1. Horizon CD maturing on 7/23. I will negotiate a rate after the maturity date.
2. Attorney had a previous commitment and will attend the September meeting to discuss procedural matters with the board.
3. Bolz meter pit reconnection. Overview/update. Board has taken action to follow district policy, meter installed and monthly fees will apply.
4. Water Quality Report discussion about past reports for 18 and 19. Overview of annual reports vs. three year reports. General Discussion on water quality between Mark and the Board. Manager will continue to monitor Nitrate levels, and chlorine by products.
Regular Meeting Closed 8:32pm by Board Chair Don Edwards
Ted Retzlaff Treasurer/Secretary
Mark Hogue Manager