WATER PER DAY
June 14, 1972 a petition was filed at the Cass County Clerk’s office to incorporate and organize a new rural water district. Thus, began Cass County Rural Water District No. 2. Now the real work was to begin!!!! There were between 1700 and 2000 property owners solicited as to interest in becoming a member of the district, easements were signed, and a deposit was collected.
The work began in July 1977 when test drillings for proposed wellsites 1.5 miles west of Alvo were done. January 1978 property was purchased for the water tower site south of Alvo and wells 1 and 2 were drilled. In April 1978 the district office was established in Elmwood, Nebraska.
April 1980 bids were opened for drilling 2 wells, installing lines, and building a water tower. March 1982 the annual meeting report showed a total cost of the system to be 2.3 million dollars; construction started June 1980 & completed in July 1981. The District officially began operation in August of 1981 with 355 hookups.