MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF CCRWD#2
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Rural Water District No. 2 of Cass County, Nebraska was held at 108 So. 4th Street, Elmwood, Nebraska on the 8th day of August 2019 at 7:30 p.m. Present were, Don Edwards, John Wagoner, Ted Retzlaff, Eric Towle, Travis Isaacs, Martha Rhoades, Manager Mark Hogue, Operator in Charge Dale Miller and Office Manager Tina Douglas. Todd Hall and Troy Callaway were not at the meeting.
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by newspaper publication and posting at the District Office, two of the designated methods of giving notice, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication (Certificate of Posting Notice) attached to these minutes. Notice of this meeting and an agenda were emailed to the Chairman and all members of the Board and is attached to the minutes. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was open to the attendance of the public.
President –President Don Edwards called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved as distributed.
Treasurer’s Report: John Wagoner moved to accept the treasurers report and to pay the bills. Seconded by Travis Isaacs. Motion carried.
Assistant Manager’s Report: ~Troy on vacation ~
The Board was informed that Troy has been busy working with the gas line installation crew, replacing miu’s, and has had n average of 17 or more locates a day. Well #3 is back online. The first sample came back negative and we are waiting on the results of the second sample.
Troy has also been busy doing locates and pit checks.
Office Manager’s Report: – 23 delinquent letters were mailed on July 9th with a July 24th shut off date. Money has been received by all. We have also had to replace one of the computers in the office. Kendall was here installing updates to our billing software and helped transfer all of Tina’s programs except Neptune. Lori, from Neptune, will be here next Tuesday to install their program.
Manager’s Report: —
1. Waiting on appraisals for 10” main project ~ Nothing new right now.
2. Omnis Software ~ Kendall has finished with updating our billing software and, together with Paystar, has installed the necessary program so that the District can now accept payments online.
3. Pit Removal Letter – The Board agreed with the proposed letter that Mark prepared for the Board. A few changes will be made, and the letter will then be sent to our attorney.
1. Water Loss ~ Mark has discovered a serious water loss and prepared a report for the Board. The loss could be coming from several different areas. Several areas will be checked, and the Board will be informed with Marks findings.
2. Next Week ~ Next week we will be re-boring two creek crossings and will install Anhydrous Plant water service.
3. Well #3 ~ *See Assistant Managers Report above*
4. Elmwood CD ~ The District has a CD that will be coming up for renewal on August 28th.
Regular meeting adjourned at 8:22 p.m.