MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF CCRWD#2
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Rural Water District No. 2 of Cass County, Nebraska was held at 108 So. 4th Street, Elmwood, Nebraska on the 8th day of March 2018 at 7:30 p.m. Present were, Don Edwards, John Wagoner, Eric Towle, Ted Retzlaff, Martha Rhoades, Manager Dale Miller, and Assistant Manager Troy Callaway. Todd Hall, Travis Isaacs and Office Manager Tina Douglas were absent from the meeting.
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by newspaper publication and posting at the District Office, two of the designated methods of giving notice, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication (Certificate of Posting Notice) attached to these minutes. Notice of this meeting and an agenda were emailed to the Chairman and all members of the Board and is attached to the minutes. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was open to the attendance of the public.
LENGEMANN AND ASSOCIATES- Jack Lengemann from Lengemann and Associates presented the Board with this year’s audit report. Jack informed the Board that he feels that the operations are doing very well and the District is financially sound.
President – President Don Edwards called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved as distributed.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Ted Retzlaff presented the treasurer’s report. John Wagoner moved to accept the Treasurer’s report and pay the bills. Seconded by Eric Towle. Motion carried.
Assistant Manager’s Report: On February 9th Troy performed a final read for account #0055 at 429 C Road.
Luke from Layne was here to do a few adjustments on the VFD on Well #2 on February 12th. So far it is working without any problems.
On February 14th Kerns started to trench for the new water line on Holdrege. They were back on February 15th and found our main on Holdrege where we want to install a valve.
Troy read meters on February 26th. He also dropped off a new meter for Ryan R at 488 274th Street so that service can be installed. The service for this property was installed on March 1st.
Troy performed our routine water samples on March 7th. The first sample was taken at Eric Towle’s shop and the second at Dale Miller’s home. We are waiting on the results.
On March 8th Kerns was here to bore the new line across Holdrege Street for the new main.
Troy has also been busy doing locates and pit checks.
Administrative Assistant’s Report: – 23 delinquent letters were mailed on February 8th with a February 21st shut off date. Money has been received by all.
Manager’s Report: —
- Bartlett & West Proposal ~ Still working on hydraulic update
- Well #2 is back on ~ VFD repaired and is running without any problems
- Eagle Estates ~ We have not received the check from Roland Meyer yet. It will be for $5000.00
- Annual Dinner ~ March 16th at 6:00 pm at Misty’s
- Website ~ Still waiting on information
- Appoint Signatures ~ John Wagoner made the motion that Dale Miller, Don Edwards and Ted Retzlaff will be signatories for all CD’s. Seconded by Martha Rhoades. Motion carried. Ted Retzlaff raised questions concerning CD maturity dates, CD locations, FDIC amounts and length of CD’s. Discussion tabled/Board will monitor needs.
- Manager position job description ~ A few adjustments to the manager job description still needs to be made. Don will have a final draft to Dale by Friday, March 9th.
Regular meeting adjourned at 9:08 p.m