MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF CCRWD#2
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Rural Water District No. 2 of Cass County, Nebraska was held at 108 So. 4th Street, Elmwood, Nebraska on the 8th day of February 2018 at 7:30 p.m. Present were, Don Edwards, John Wagoner, Eric Towle, Todd Hall, Travis Isaacs, Martha Rhoades, Manager Dale Miller, and Office Manager Tina Douglas. Ted Retzlaff and Troy Callaway were absent from the meeting.
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by newspaper publication and posting at the District Office, two of the designated methods of giving notice, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication (Certificate of Posting Notice) attached to these minutes. Notice of this meeting and an agenda were emailed to the Chairman and all members of the Board and is attached to the minutes. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was open to the attendance of the public.
President – President Don Edwards called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved as distributed.
Treasurer’s Report: Vice-Chairman John Wagoner presented the treasurer’s report. Todd Hall moved to accept the Treasurer’s report and pay the bills. Seconded by Travis Isaacs. Motion carried.
Assistant Manager’s Report: On January 18th Troy replaced a leaky regulator at Karlee Drive.
Meters were read on January 25th.
Troy installed a new service at 5001 Woodland Hills on January 30th.
On January 31st Troy and Dale met with Terry Kerns on hwy 43 to discuss the bore.
Troy took routine samples on February 6th. The first was taken at Brad Backemeyer’s and the second at the Post Office in Walton.
Troy has also been busy doing locates and pit checks.
Administrative Assistant’s Report: – 21 delinquent letters were mailed on January 8th with a January 23rd shut off date. Money has been received by all.
Manager’s Report: —
- Hwy 63 Update ~ Done and back in service. We are waiting for the bill so that we can be partially reimbursed by the State.
- Bartlett & West Proposal ~ They were here on January 16th to start gathering information that they need to present the Board with an outlook of possible growth.
- Development at C Road and 2 Road ~ The property at this location has sold. We have been instructed to shut the services down until further notice. The new owner has signed off on this request and are aware that the services that accompany this property can not be transferred to another location and that when the request is made for the services to be restored that there will be a $600 reconnect fee for each service.
- Well #2 is back on ~ Well #2 has been pulled, rebuilt and is now back in. We are having problems with the VFD. Layne has two people working on this problem.
- Agreement to Release and Relinquish covering Eagle Estates ~ Chairman Don Edwards has signed the agreement.
- Annual dinner ~ March 16th and 23rd are available.
- Approve #788 5001 Woodland Hills Drive – Prairie Home Builders ~ John Wagoner moved to accept the application for service. Seconded by Travis Isaacs. Motion carried.
- Nebraska Rural Water Association Annual Conference in Kearney March 12 – 14th
- Scada Upgrades ~ Upgrades to the Scada system shouldn’t exceed $30,000.
- New Hire ~ Chairman Don Edwards, with the input of the Board of Directors and Manager Dale Miller, will prepare a manager position description for the new hire. Discussion tabled until next meeting.
Regular meeting adjourned at 8:58 p.m