MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF CCRWD#2
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Rural Water District No. 2 of Cass County, Nebraska was held at 108 So. 4th Street, Elmwood, Nebraska on the 12th day of April 2018 at 7:30 p.m. Present were, John Wagoner, Eric Towle, Ted Retzlaff, Todd Hall, Travis Isaacs, Martha Rhoades, Manager Dale Miller, Assistant Manager Troy Callaway and Office Manager Tina Douglas. Don Edwards was absent from the meeting.
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by newspaper publication and posting at the District Office, two of the designated methods of giving notice, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication (Certificate of Posting Notice) attached to these minutes. Notice of this meeting and an agenda were emailed to the Chairman and all members of the Board and is attached to the minutes. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was open to the attendance of the public.
President – Vice President John Wagoner called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved as distributed.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Ted Retzlaff presented the treasurer’s report. Travis Isaacs moved to accept the Treasurer’s report and pay the bills. Seconded by Ted Retzlaff. Motion carried.
Assistant Manager’s Report: On March 21st Troy replaced two miu’s that weren’t working. He replaced two more non-working miu’s on March 22nd.
Troy read meters on March 26th.
On March 27th Troy had to put a new cap on a valve stack that was missing at 262nd Street and Bluff Road.
Troy replaced the CL at the well house on March 28th.
Troy performed our routine water samples on April 3rd. The first was performed at the booster station and the second at the Murdock pit. Both samples came back negative.
Troy has also been busy doing locates and pit checks.
Administrative Assistant’s Report: – 10 delinquent letters were mailed on March 7th with a March 22nd shut off date. Money has been received by all.
Manager’s Report: —
- Annexation payment uses ~ We received the payment from Roland Meyer for the annexation in Eagle. Our attorney is advising that we keep annexation payment separate from the district checking account so that it can be easily shown that annexation payments have been used for project improvements or USDA loan payments. Ted Retzlaff moved to transfer the annexation payment to the USDA loan account. Seconded by Travis Isaacs. Motion carried.
- 176th and Havelock Addition ~ Everything has been established except the water. We are waiting for Kuhl to confirm their bid.
- Mike Bott Addition ~ Customer would like two to three hookups and has agreed to pay for the line extension. Development is approved, and hookups will be approved individually.
- Website ~ Tabled
- Resume’s for Managers Position ~ Board of Directors will move to executive meeting following the regular meeting to discuss.
- Mike Schunk is requesting a 1” meter ~ Ted Retzlaff moved to approve Mike Schunks request for a 1” meter pending payment of $452.62 upgrade fee. Seconded by Eric Towle. 5 Yays – 1 Nay. Motion carried.
Regular meeting adjourned at 8:19 p.m.
ANNUAL MEETING – Todd Hall moved to retain all current board positions and members of budget committee with the addition of Travis Isaacs to the budget committee. Seconded by Eric Towle. Motion carried.
Annual Meeting Adjourned – 8:29 pm