MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF CCRWD#2
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Rural Water District No. 2 of Cass County, Nebraska was held at 108 So. 4th Street, Elmwood, Nebraska on the 14th day of March 2019 at 7:30 p.m. Present were, Don Edwards, John Wagoner, Ted Retzlaff, Eric Towle, Travis Isaacs, Martha Rhoades, Manager Mark Hogue, and Assistant Manager Troy Callaway. Todd Hall, Dale Miller and Tina Douglas were absent from the meeting.
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by newspaper publication and posting at the District Office, two of the designated methods of giving notice, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication (Certificate of Posting Notice) attached to these minutes. Notice of this meeting and an agenda were emailed to the Chairman and all members of the Board and is attached to the minutes. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was open to the attendance of the public.
President –President Don Edwards called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved as distributed.
Assistant Manager’s Report: On February 26th Troy read meters
Troy took State sample on February 27th.
Routine samples were taken on March 11th at Stock Seed Farm and Christian Tree Service. All results were negative.
On March 12th Troy checked the Murdock pit and took chlorine to the well house.
Troy has also been busy doing locates, pit checks and snow removal.
Administrative Assistant’s Report: – 14 delinquent letters were mailed on February 8th with a February 21st shut off date. Money has been received by all.
Manager’s Report: —
- Well #3 Building ~ Building has been completed. Waiting on electrical.
- Transmission Main / Easements ~ Dale is working on obtaining easements.
- Wabash Property ~ A lien has been filed on the property in Wabash. The cost to file was $10.00
- $45 Processing fee for transfer of service ~ Eric moved to charge a $45 processing fee for all benefit unit transfers. Seconded by Ted Retzlaff. Motion carried.
- Dale Update ~ Dale is back at work with limitations.
- First State Bank CD ~ The CD at First State Bank has been renewed at 1.65% for 12 months.
- Midwest Coop ~ Midwest Coop is building an Anhydrous Plant at Fletcher and Hwy 1 and has asked for us to supply a new 3-inch service for the plant and a standard meter pit for the office. We are still calculating demand and if we have capacity. We are expecting an estimate by Tuesday, March 19th. Midwest Coop will pay 100% of the cost. John Wagoner moved to approve hook ups for Midwest Coop. Seconded by Eric Towle. Motion carried.
Regular meeting adjourned at 8:05 p.m.