MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF CCRWD#2
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Rural Water District No. 2 of Cass County, Nebraska was held at 108 So. 4th Street, Elmwood, Nebraska on the 13th day of December 2018 at 7:30 p.m. Present were, Don Edwards, John Wagoner, Ted Retzlaff, Todd Hall, Travis Isaacs, Martha Rhoades, Manager Dale Miller, Assistant Manager Troy Callaway and Office Manager Tina Douglas. Eric Towle was absent from the meeting.
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by newspaper publication and posting at the District Office, two of the designated methods of giving notice, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication (Certificate of Posting Notice) attached to these minutes. Notice of this meeting and an agenda were emailed to the Chairman and all members of the Board and is attached to the minutes. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was open to the attendance of the public.
President –President Don Edwards called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved as distributed.
Treasurer’s Report: Ted Retzlaff presented the treasurer’s report. Todd Hall moved to accept the treasurer’s report and to pay the bills. Seconded by John Wagoner. Motion carried.
Assistant Manager’s Report: On November 13th OPPD drilled through our water main off 202nd and Olivia Drive when putting up a new light pole.
Troy replaced a meter top at 15200 Plum Ridge on the 14th that wasn’t reading.
On November 15th Mike from Kerns repaired a water leak in a pit that they replaced. He then repaired a leak on our main at Holdrege Street and Karlee Drive.
Repairs on the leak on our main at Holdrege and Karlee were finished on the 16th. They then began to rebore on hwy 63 at Alvo and Bluff Road.
Samples were taken on the 19th for the state.
All lines that needed to be rebored were finished on November 20th. All lines hooked up and flushed.
Troy met with Steve Schwisow on the 21st at 226th and Van Dorn. They were tiling and went over our water main.
Meters were read on November 27th.
Troy took CL to the wellhouse on November 29th.
Routine samples were taken on December 4th. Sample results came back on December 16th – negative. Troy also shut the water off at 28602 Fletcher due to a water leak.
Troy has also been busy doing locates and finished up pit checks.
Administrative Assistant’s Report: – 18 delinquent letters were mailed on November 8th with a November 21st shut off date. Money has been received by all.
Manager’s Report: —
- CD Rates ~ John Wagoner moved to cash out the CD held at State Farm in favor of better rates at Frontier. Seconded by Ted Retzlaff. Motion carried
- Well #3 building started ~ Concrete has been poured and should be set this weekend. Project will cost just under $10,000
- 10” Main ~ Will be sending out bid forms.
- Budget Approval ~ Travis Isaacs moved to accept the proposed budget for 2019. Seconded by Todd Hall. Motion carried.
- Special Meeting Minutes ~ Special Meeting Minutes shall be retained in the minutes book with the regular minutes.
- Correspondence with the Board of Directors ~ Tabled
- City of Lincoln Sewer Project ~ The City of Lincoln informed Dale today that they will be digging up our main, that feeds Walton, sometime during the month of February.
- Fire Hydrant Locks ~ We have received the new locks but are waiting to install until we hear from the fire departments. Will send letter.
Regular meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.