MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF CCRWD#2
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Rural Water District No. 2 of Cass County, Nebraska was held at 108 So. 4th Street, Elmwood, Nebraska on the 10th day of May 2018 at 7:30 p.m. Present were, Don Edwards, John Wagoner, Ted Retzlaff, Todd Hall, Travis Isaacs, Martha Rhoades, Manager Dale Miller, Assistant Manager Troy Callaway and Office Manager Tina Douglas. Eric Towle was absent from the meeting.
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by newspaper publication and posting at the District Office, two of the designated methods of giving notice, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication (Certificate of Posting Notice) attached to these minutes. Notice of this meeting and an agenda were emailed to the Chairman and all members of the Board and is attached to the minutes. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was open to the attendance of the public.
Schrock was here and presented the Board of Directors with ideas and three tier packages concerning the new website.
President –President Don Edwards called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved as distributed.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Ted Retzlaff presented the treasurer’s report. John Wagoner moved to accept the Treasurer’s report and pay the bills. Seconded by Todd Hall. Motion carried.
Assistant Manager’s Report: On April 19th Layne was here and pulled Well #1 for inspection.
Troy read meters on April 25th. He collected reads that didn’t come in on April 26th.
On May 1st Kerns was here and tied the new line in on Holdrege Street that was in the middle of the road.
Troy took two final reads on May 7th.
On May 8th Jason from Layne returned and put a cap on the main line in the well house on well #1 because it was leaking by the check valve.
On May 10th Troy took another final read.
Troy has also been busy doing locates and pit checks.
Administrative Assistant’s Report: – 22 delinquent letters were mailed on April 9th with an April 24th shut off date. Money has been received by all.
Manager’s Report: —
- Native Grass Estates Addition started ~ Trenching has been completed. We are waiting to bore and tie everything together. We will then be ready to serve those nine sites. Three of those sites have already sold.
- Bartlett & West ~ Will be here on June 14th
- Well #1 ~ Well #1 has not been pulled for 19 years. The screen is clogged with manganese. We will be sent an estimate to have it cleaned.
- Hwy 63 Reimbursement ~ We are continuously being asked for more information – still waiting for payment.
- Payments for Easements ~ Tabled until matter can be discussed with our attorney.
- Sanitary Survey ~ No violations.
- Time limit on using or installing paid hookups ~ Tabled until this matter can be discussed with our attorney.
- Company credit card ~ Dale will check with American Exchange Bank to see what they offer.
- Website ~ Travis Isaacs moved to accept Schrocks proposal for all three tiers for the new website. Seconded by Todd Hall. Three Yays. Two Nays. One Abstained. Motion carried.
Regular meeting adjourned at 9:19 p.m.