MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF CCRWD#2
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Rural Water District No. 2 of Cass County, Nebraska was held at 108 So. 4th Street, Elmwood, Nebraska on the 14th day of May 2020 at 7:30 p.m. Present were, Don Edwards, Ted Retzlaff, Eric Towle, John Wagoner, Bill Ross, Travis Isaacs, Martha Rhoades, Manager Mark Hogue. Not in attendance Assistant Manager Troy Callaway. Visitors Beth and Jack of Langemann and Associates and Alan Wood of Erickson Sederstrom
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by newspaper publication and posting at the District Office, two of the designated methods of giving notice, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication (Certificate of Posting Notice) attached to these minutes. Notice of this meeting and an agenda were emailed to the Chairman and all members of the Board and is attached to the minutes. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was open to the attendance of the public.
President –President Don Edwards called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved as distributed.
Treasurer’s Report: Motion to approve payment to bills Travis – 2nd Bill -motion passed 7-0
Audit Report – Jack and Beth with Langemann & Associates discussed annual audit. Issues with general journal entries, had to make adjustments over the last couple years. Jack also recommended changing the regular reports dealing with financials.
General Q and A from Jack and Beth and the Board
Motion to receive the audit report and approve the schedule of findings and responses Motion Martha – 2nd Travis : motion passed 7-0
Alan Wood – Lawyer to discuss water capacity issues near C Rd. and 2 Rd. Alan introduced an amendment to Article 6, Section 5 – to update Benefit Unit language. This would be a regulation change and would need to be voted on at the Annual Meeting in June. Alan also updated the Board on the 10” main project easement for Henrickson and the condemnation process. Alan also recommended a permanent placard for the office for notification of meetings.
Assistant Manager’s Report – Troy Callaway – Troy not in attendance
Office Report – 0 delinquent letters were mailed due to covid 19. 3 customers have not paid
Manager’s Report – Mark Hogue –
1. Waiting on courthouse covid 19 restrictions for the last easements on the 10” main project.
1. Beth from Langemann is helping to fill the clerk duties. Cost to be determined after a month review.
2. Part time summer help? Dale helping Travis motioned to give Mark approval to hire part time help. Motion Travis – 2nd Bill : motion passed 7-0
3. Using executive answering service $40 flat fee plus calls
4. Well #2 drawdown was suspect and Well #1 was hammering had Layne look at both issues and all heading in the right direction.
5. CD Frontier Bank matures on 5-17-20 Mark will look into rates.
6. Bids requested from 3 companies for Lawn Service. Hired Grass Gator to mow this will save us approx. $600 for the season depending on the number of mowings.
7. CD 4297 at American Exchange bank matured on 3-23-20 this was moved to the tower savings account.
8. Regular meeting adjourned at 9:17 p.m.
Mark Hogue Manager