MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF CCRWD#2
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Rural Water District No. 2 of Cass County, Nebraska was held at 108 So. 4th Street, Elmwood, Nebraska on the 11th day of October 2018 at 7:30 p.m. Present were, Don Edwards, John Wagoner, Ted Retzlaff, Eric Towle, Todd Hall, Travis Isaacs, Martha Rhoades, Manager Dale Miller, Assistant Manager Troy Callaway and Office Manager Tina Douglas.
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by newspaper publication and posting at the District Office, two of the designated methods of giving notice, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication (Certificate of Posting Notice) attached to these minutes. Notice of this meeting and an agenda were emailed to the Chairman and all members of the Board and is attached to the minutes. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was open to the attendance of the public.
President –President Don Edwards called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved as distributed.
Treasurer’s Report: Ted Retzlaff presented the treasures report. John Wagoner moved to accept the treasurers report and to pay the bills. Seconded by Travis Isaacs. Motion carried.
Assistant Manager’s Report: On September 17th Layne was here to disinfect Well #3 again.
Troy repaired the wiring on an miu on September 18th.
Layne returned on September 19th to take another sample for well #3.
There was a house fire at 21707 Deer Haven Trail on September 20th. The water had to be shut off at the property. Layne was also here to take another sample.
On September 23rd the water needed to be shut off at a home on Kalvin Kourt due to a leak going into the home.
Troy installed a new meter on September 24th at 1685 129th for a new home that is being built.
Meters were read on September 26th.
Draw downs were taken on October 1st. Levels are up a little because of the rain. Well #3 samples have all come back negative and is now back online. Troy also took our monthly samples. Results came back negative.
On October 2nd Troy checked for a possible leak at a home on 238th and Waverly. Line is leaking but it is on their side.
Troy changed the cl at the well house on October 3rd.
Troy has also been busy doing locates and pit checks.
Administrative Assistant’s Report: – 17 delinquent letters were mailed on September 10th with a September 25th shut off date. Money has been received by all.
Manager’s Report: —
- Well #3 ~ Back online
- South Meadows Extension ~ Done
- Website ~ The website is nearing completion. Dale and Tina are meeting with Alfonso next week to go over everything so far.
- SCADA ~ Tabled
- Budget ~ The Board was given a copy of the 2019 budget to review. It will be discussed at the November meeting and voted on at the December meeting.
- Approve #796 1002 Trinity Drive, Eagle~ Ted Retzlaff moved to amend the agenda from the September meeting, (a numerical mistake was made), and approve #795 from the September meeting. Seconded by John Wagoner. Motion carried. Ted Retzlaff moved to accept the application for water service for #796. Seconded by Eric Towle. Motion carried.
- Possible annexation of 43 customers by the City of Lincoln ~
Regular meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
The Board of Directors met in Executive session at 8:00 p.m.