MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF CCRWD#2
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Rural Water District No. 2 of Cass County, Nebraska was held at 108 So. 4th Street, Elmwood, Nebraska on the 9th day of August 2018 at 7:30 p.m. Present were, Don Edwards, John Wagoner, Eric Towle, Todd Hall, Martha Rhoades, Manager Dale Miller, Assistant Manager Troy Callaway and Office Manager Tina Douglas. Ted Retzlaff and Travis Isaacs were absent from the meeting.
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by newspaper publication and posting at the District Office, two of the designated methods of giving notice, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication (Certificate of Posting Notice) attached to these minutes. Notice of this meeting and an agenda were emailed to the Chairman and all members of the Board and is attached to the minutes. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was open to the attendance of the public.
President –President Don Edwards called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved as distributed.
Treasurer’s Report: The treasurer’s report was emailed to Board Members in advance for approval. Motion made to accept the reports and pay the bills. Motion carried unanimously.
Assistant Manager’s Report: On July 16th Troy took a final read at 22613 Havelock.
Troy changed the CL at the wellhouse and the Murdock pit on July 17th.
On the 19th Troy replaced two miu’s that weren’t coming in during readings.
Meters were read on July 25th.
On July 26th NRD was here to sample our wells. Troy also replaced another miu.
Troy took our routine samples on August 6th at Eric Towles shop and Dale Millers home.
On August 9th Troy reinstalled a pit by Woodland Hills. He installed a new pit and meter, so the customer could water his cows.
We had a chloroform hit on our samples so repeat samples were taken today.
Troy has also been busy doing locates and pit checks.
Administrative Assistant’s Report: – 18 delinquent letters were mailed on July 9th with a July 25th shut off date. Money has been received by all.
Manager’s Report: —
- Bulk Water Policy ~ Todd Hall moved to accept $10.00 per 1000 gallons with a $2000.00 deposit. User will also provide backflow protection and meter. Permission granted on case by case basis. Seconded by Eric Towle. Motion carried.
- Transmission Main and USDA Loan/Grant ~ We have too much money in the bank, so we were turned down for a loan or grant by the USDA. We are still moving forward without the loan/grant. Our next step is to get easements and have Ted send out for bids.
- Mangers Position ~ Committee was sent two more resumes.
- Website ~ We have met with Alfonso and have started sending him content for our website. We are hoping to go live by the end of the year.
- Approve #793, #794 and #795 ~ John Wagoner moved to accept the applications for water service for #793, #794 and #795. Todd Hall seconded. Motion carried.
- Well #3 ~ Well #3 motor was installed in May 2017 and just went out. We are just past the one-year warranty. We are hoping they will work with us.
Regular meeting adjourned at 8:02 p.m.
Hiring Committee met in special session following the regular meeting